Total Pageviews

Wednesday 26 May 2010

If you come to a fork in the road, take it. Yogi Berra

I posted this quote on Twitter this AM....story of my life.

I am a person who craves stability. I actually lean toward maintaining the 'status quo' -- especially if it seems to be working. I LIKE sayings like "If it ain't broke, don't fix it". Change really upsets me. I always thought I would be the one whose life went from p to q, as planned perfectly, from my youth to college to university to career choice and mobility, with probably not marriage and kids.

Well, life has progressed as SOMEWHAT planned but many deviations along the way -- many moves, falling in love unexpectedly and with someone who didn't fit MY mold of the mate who would help me follow MY perfect plan, marriage, children, career shuffles and shifts.

Change has been the best thing to ever happen to me. I have grown and learned more than I could ever imagine.My life is full and rich in blessings. I've seen and even lived in countries that I knew only in passing. Being a wife and mother has pushed me to limits that I thought I HAD, but which I HAD to surpass and has enabled me to be the best version of me that I didn't even know I could be. Embracing and pursuing the 'forks' in MY road has required me to reach the depths of my being in order to navigate through them, but, in turn, has graciously allowed me to feel glorious, sometimes dizzying heights of joy and happiness, and often, a sense of complete peace.

When you veer off from your planned course, especially if you're like me -- a planner -- you MAY have one or two regrets -- but they will be minor compared to the vast rewards of taking risks and overcoming with aplomb.

Yogi's right. As fearful, anxious, and frozen as you may feel when the 'forks' come your way -- take them!

I still don't know what exactly is in store for me as a result of some of my 'forks', but I'm sure whatever it is -- it'll be worth every blind spot, stumble,and setback along the way. I can hardly wait!!!

No comments: