Total Pageviews

Sunday 14 August 2011

In 'hiddeness' we find our true selves. HJM Nouwen

In our society we are inclined to avoid hiddenness. We want to be seen and acknowledged.
We want to be useful to others and influence the course of events. But as we become
visible and popular, we quickly grow dependent on people and their responses and
easily lose touch with God, the true source of our being. Hiddenness is the place
of purification. In hiddenness we find our true selves.

- Henri J. M. Nouwen

I write fairly regularly here on my blog. I 'share' the blog entries on Twitter. I sincerely hope that people who want and need to read whatever I post feel welcome and, somehow, find easy access to read and I strive to post things that will be of true help to them as well as informative.

I KNOW I could be MUCH more aggressive about linking my blog onto more sites -- especially places that are popular and esteemed to be the 'it' sites. But, I actually don't want that. It's not that I don't want to reach out and help people. It's just that I've never been very good at self-promotion.

I am a very simple person and I'm not very tech-savvy.

I like to keep things simple and uncomplicated.

Life and people are complex and complicated enough.

I only hope and pray that people don't think that what I share here isn't worth sharing or isn't useful just because it doesn't have flashy promos and big- shot sponsors behind the blog.

And, like Dr. Nouwen states in his reflection above, I strive not to get hung up on peoples' responses or how many 'followers' I have or anything that distracts me from my God-inspired vocation to serve the people who are struggling with obesity, fitness issues, and learning about tidbits and information that can help them lead healthier, happier lives.

And, please know that anyone who needs help or has comments or questions, can always contact me.

Star Bene!

No comments: