Total Pageviews

Thursday 8 April 2010

Getting older can be a fantastic experience

I love that I'm aging!! I enjoy so much all the blessings that come with getting older! I feel more experienced, I feel more 'me', and even with all the unknowns that lie ahead, I know that i've made it this far and I'm still smiling, so the chances of getting through what comes up next are that much greater and will give me even more to smile about. BUT, the biggest reason(s) why getting older means getting better is that I'm constantly doing my best to take care that I choose healthy living -- I make a point of eating a balanced, fresh, varied diet low in saturated fats, refined sugars, and salt. I exercise daily (or at least 5 times a week) and I really really have to push myself to do this as I'm not naturally athletic or pre-wired to include this as part of my 'norm'. After about a month, though, of consciously engaging in active exercise (mix of cardio and weight-training), it DOES become more 'normal' and less 'virtuous' or annoying/obtrusive. I also don't stress about the wrinkles -- they are laugh lines, worry lines that I've earned -- ie -- nice reminders of all the trials and tribulations that I've weathered and come out of just fine, thank you, and the signs and emblems of wisdom gained. Oh, I've got still so much more yet to experience and learn, but it feels good. Take care of yourself. Getting older -- aging -- is a blessing you don't want to miss!!

No comments: