Total Pageviews

Friday 9 April 2010

A Happy Heart!

Strive to make those around you happy. You don't need money or connections or even to be deliriously happy yourself. Just be kind. Be caring. Take time to notice people around you and do what you can to make them feel cared for and noticed. There's so much pain, strife, and heartache in the world. So, when you are blessed to be in a position/opportunity to beget blessings -- DO IT!!!
The other day I was walking back from my grocery 'run'. There was an elderly lady, with a walker, who was making her way slowly and gingerly next to me. She had the most gorgeous earrings on! They were obviously costume quality, but old-fashioned and quite intricate and interesting. I noticed them and that, despite her condition and age, she had made an effort that morning to get herself smartly put together, down to her sparklng, 'special' earrings. I imagined that alot of stories went with those earrings and I should have loved to hear them, but, of course, I was in a hurry, running from one deadline to my next, and knew there was no way I could engage with her. But I DID look over and comment to her that I loved her earrings!! Well, the sparkle on her lobes was nothing compared to the gleam in her gorgeous eyes!! She smiled broadly back at me and simply said "Bless you, child!". She made my day SO happy!!!

'A happy heart makes the face cheerful, but heartache crushes the spirit.' Proverbs 15:13

No comments: