Total Pageviews

Friday 18 February 2011

Thankful

I am thankful for another day of choosing to eat healthy and only ENOUGH for my needs and that I am enjoying my food.

I am thankful for exercise and walking in the fresh air and the great gym I go to.

I am thankful that I live in a country where I can FREELY walk, safely, and, actually, in beautiful surroundings that enable me to think and reflect and be inspired.

I am thankful that my organs are all functioning well and that I am healthy.

I am thankful that everyone in my family is healthy.

I am thankful that I had a good night's sleep last night and that I CAN sleep -- safe, warm, free.

Someone once told me that there is nothing worse than a thankless child. I NEVER want to become that 'child' and I pray my children don't, either. I NEVER EVER want to feel entitled. I know many people who do and it makes me mad AND sad just thinking about how they complain about the most ridiculous things -- not having this iPad or that iPod or that newest dorky thing that came out yesterday or, worse yet, HAVING it, but not as jazzed up as another person we know. They HAVE and HAVE and HAVE, but they whinge and complain like spoiled tarts.

Please, Lord, help me to ALWAYS, be THANKFUL -- today, tomorrow, and always and forgive me for any whinging and complaining.

No comments: