Total Pageviews

Thursday 14 October 2010

If you are going to indulge -- PLEASE make it worth the TREAT

On the 'ShareItFitness' Twitter page, the author noted that yesterday was 'National Dessert Day'. Now, I had no idea about this day or that it even existed -- especially that I really and truly TRY to keep my mind off of desserts and 'indulgences' as I strive to eat low-fat and controlled kcalories. BUT, he posed the question -- what is your favorite dessert? As much as I STILL enjoy DAILY 'desserts' of fresh fruits, fruit salad with plain yogurt and a dash of cinnamon, frozen yogurts, and in winter, I make fresh-fruit bakes and cobblers made with oats and walnuts. I will post a recipe or two on those lovely HEALTHY, wonderful-tasting desserts another time. But, for today, I will post the recipe for one of my FAVORITE, all-time indulgences. Look, if you are going to 'indulge', it might as well be worth it! This IS a high-kcalorie, high-fat dessert, but it is relatively difficult to make, thus, I would only make it once, perhaps, every couple years. Or, I would order it out, only IF it was a place that had it made WELL -- which is ALSO difficult to find! Which, actually, is a GOOD thing as it means I would only have it as an uber-TREAT -- which it should be -- for me, at least. I am the type of person that cannot have treats TOO often as this may TRIGGER me to veer off course. I know this about myself and I just have to do what I have to do. Some people CAN have high-kcal, high-fat desserts, say, once a week and be perfectly fine as they keep right back on track to healthy eating for the rest of their week. One of my goals is to achieve, one day, that level of SELF-REGULATION. This, to me, would be MY 'holy grail'. But, for now, I can't. BUT, facts of life are that these lovely desserts EXIST and it's no use completely and FOREVER abstaining. So, every once in awhile, I will choose something like this and completely savour and enjoy it. You can find a great recipe for it here:

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Bittersweet-Chocolate-Irish-Whiskey-Cake-238254

No comments: